Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Phobia's

 A while ago I did a post about a phobia I have, that apparently a lot of other people have too: Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old. I've been thinking about it a lot because I just turned 17, which really kinda bothers me. 18 is just too close. I'm going to move out, go to college.....I don't want an adult life. I act like I do with all of my school work, but I don't want to be another person, who has a boring office job, and never leaves the town they were born in....I just can't do that. 

Anyway. I made a list of all of the other phobia's I have and I bolded the ones that I think contribute to my Anorexia, can you guy's relate to them? I think they're common with ED's. Here's the link to the phobia website: http://phobialist.com/
Aichmophobia- Fear of Needles/shots
Aracnophobia- fear of spiders
Athazagoraphobia- Fear of Being forgotten, or ignored
Atychiphobia- fear of failure
Bacteriophobia- Fear of bacteria.
Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed.
 
Chronophobia- Fear of time. 
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns.
Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions.
Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting. (Yet I purge) 
Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old.    
Menophobia- Fear of having a period

And I just thought this one was funny:
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.  

1 comment:

  1. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, hahah how ironic. and i totally have the fear of growing old, didn't even knew it existed but I always hope maybe one day peter pan will come get me and we'll fly away to neverland forever. just us n the lost boys.

    ReplyDelete